[c-nsp] Bug ID CSCdy72539 For GRE Tunneling on 6500 PFC3B

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Dec 6 17:50:55 EST 2006

> Tunneling with PFC#B.
> It seems we need seperate tunnel source for each tunnel

Yes... But it's easy to configure and performs extremely well.

> Other thing is any comparrison using VPN SM module and PFC#B
> for GRE encapsultion.

The VPNSM normally doesn't do GRE. (It can take over the tunnel
interface if the Sup720 can't do the tunnel in hardware, but I
don't know when that would happen).

Also, today you should use a IPSec SIP/SPA instead of the VPNSM,
which is dead in the water (SXF will be the last software to
support it, I'm told. Modular IOS doesn't and won't. SRA doesn't
and won't).

-A