[c-nsp] Inserting 6704 card in 6500 causes reboot?

Ed Butler ed.butler at rapidswitch.com
Thu Dec 7 09:00:38 EST 2006

I thought of power too, but I would expect the behaviour if there is not
enough power would be that the card simply doesn't get powered on. After
the reboot the system shows plenty of power spare with the new 10g card
running:

#sh power
system power redundancy mode = redundant
system power total =     2331.00 Watts (55.50 Amps @ 42V)
system power used =      1575.84 Watts (37.52 Amps @ 42V)
system power available =  755.16 Watts (17.98 Amps @ 42V)

Regards,

Ed Butler
RapidSwitch Ltd
DDI: 020 7106 0731

RapidSwitch Ltd, 5th Floor, Sovereign House, 227 Marsh Wall, London, E14
9SD

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this
email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments
are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
responsibility of the recipient.