[c-nsp] Bug ID CSCdy72539 For GRE Tunneling on 6500 PFC3B

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at doit.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 8 10:09:45 EST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 5:59 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 08:08:43AM +0100, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists
> wrote:
>> I would do a sniffer trace of the data going to the CPU. I you
>> haven't done that before, I suggest you open a TAC case.
>
> Being curious, but not willing to open a TAC case for *that* - is
> there
> public documentation available how to monitor "punt to CPU" traffic?

It's extremely useful for troubleshooting high cpu load, and for
profiling traffic to set up CoPP.  This procedure is not widely known
probably for a good reason, and possibly dangerous.  Use at your own
risk:

1) Set up a span session with a source port that is down:

monitor session 2 source interface Fa8/24      (down)
monitor session 2 destination interface Gi6/9  (sniffer)

2) Then on the switch processor via remote login switch, configure
test monitor session 2 add rp-inband tx

Dale