[c-nsp] 5350XM Configuration - T1 to SIP

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Sun Dec 10 20:19:27 EST 2006

We are looking bringing in 12 voice T1 circuits and converting them to
SIP trunks ... Figure the 5350 is a good device to do this with...

The SIP trunks will be talking to a remote Metaswitch softswitch and
they list the 5350 as a supported box etc. for interop ...

My question is in regards to the below configuration.. Anything missing?
I'm told there's a rackmount breakout box you can get for connecting the
octal cables in a rack.. Anyone know a part number?  Also, any problems
with taking SIP and going back to T1 in this equipment configuration?  I
presume that evne though we are not terminating any voice calls locally
per say, that the DSP cards are still needed?

Any input, thoughts and/or experiences would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Paul

Product             Description
Quantity
AS5350XM            AS5350XM Starter Kit (inc Chassis, MB, Def Mem)
1
AS535-DFC-8CT1      AS5350 Octal T1/PRI DFC card
2
AS5X-FC             AS5000 Feature Card with Six PVDM DSP Module Slots
1
AS5X-PVDM2-64       AS5000 64-Channel Packet Voice/Fax DSP Module
6
AS535XM-AC-RPS      AS5350XM AC Redundant Power Supply
1
CAB-DFC-OCTAL-1MF   1 Meter 8 PRI DFC Cable - Female RJ45
2
CAB-AC-RPS          Redundant PS AC Power Cord, US 110V
2
MEM-1024M-AS5XM     AS5350XM and AS5400XM 1GB Main SDRAM
1
MEM-128CF-AS5XM     AS5350XM and AS5400XM 128M Compact Flash
1
S535CP-12404XC      Cisco AS5350  IOS IP PLUS
1
FR5X-AGREEMENT-LIC  AS5000 Software License Agreement
1