[c-nsp] RSP720/PFC3C/20G-CE

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 11 01:16:10 EST 2006

On (2006-12-10 21:11 -0500), Tim Durack wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/yxfy52
>
> I would have a use for these on a 6500, but again only mention of 12.2(33)SRA.

You missed the inifity chassis', whats interesting is that baldur/loki
mentions that they are supported in 7603-S, which was first time I heard
about it. Could make nice peering platform.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_data_sheets_list.html

new 'new' items were added there ~week ago. Cool stuff, especially the
ES20's. I really hope that market doesn't accepts ciscos intention to
separate 7600 and 6500, from my point of view, risk seems to be
that 7600 gets no cheap and dense interfaces and 6500 doesn't edge
intelligent edge interfaces nor powerful CPU to do routing in it.
Hopefully this strategy will boost MX, foundry, extreme and f10
sales and cisco has to remove all silly locks.
(Note I'm crying wolf here, I never heard from anyone that so
radical differentiation is planned, just speculation)

I know several people who actually would want to use RSP720 with
10G's and few SFP's. And of course ~everyone would want to
use cheap and dense interfaces even if they have couple intelligent
blades.

--
  ++ytti