[c-nsp] 3750 Stack - how many boxes?

Christian Bering CB at nianet.dk
Wed Dec 13 10:17:00 EST 2006

>I'm looking into possibilities of hooking up something
>like 400-500 TX ports (80% 10/100, rest upgradable to
>GBit) ... one option would be to get something like 12
>3750 switches and use stacking to combine them to one
>virtual switch - would that work? I read the stack

The data sheet for the Cat 3750 says:

"Cisco StackWise stacking creates a 32 Gbps switch interconnection.
Stacking does not require user ports. Up to 9 units can be stacked
together for a maximum of 468 10/100 ports, 468 10/100/1000 ports, 108
optical aggregation ports, nine 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, or any mix
thereof."

--
Regards
 Christian Bering