[c-nsp] 6500 Sup720 3B Comact Flash

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Dec 14 07:04:07 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 10:51:09AM +0000, Andy Taylor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody recommend some 3rd party 512MB+ Compact Flash for a Ca6K
> Sup720? I believe it's type II CF which I'm having major trouble
> finding, so if anybody has used 3rd party Compact flash can advise on a
> good type and source I would be most grateful.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone having any problems
grabbing any standard compact flash that you would find for under $50 in
any electronics store and making it work in a sup720. Sure beats the $1000
Cisco wants for it too. :)

Speaking of, first person to get their hands on an RSP720 w/MSFC4 please
benchmark the ATA system and let us know if it is any faster than the
under-1MB/s-CF-no-matter-what speeds of the SUP720. :)