[c-nsp] 6500 Sup720 3B Comact Flash

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Thu Dec 14 13:44:28 EST 2006

On 2006-12-14-07:15:34, Steve Lalonde <steve at enta.net> wrote:
[...]
> we use sandisk extreme 3 1 gig cards in our sup720s
>
> works fine in production :)

I've long been a fan of the 512MB "PNY" Compact Flash sold at the
local Best Buy.  They're currently running a holiday promotion whereby
you can get a 2GB SanDisk card for around the same cost (+/- $5),
which seems like good insurance against future code bloat as new SPAs
are released. :-)

As Richard pointed out, you're not going to see any performance boost
from any of the "Extreme" or "Ultra" variety cards, at least on the
current generation of Supervisor blades.

-a