[c-nsp] Selecting an eBGP destination based on the source network.

Rick Ernst nsp at shreddedmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:23:15 EST 2006

To bring together the three suggestions I've seen so far:

1) PBR - I need to look closer at multple next-hops and CPU utilization
   on the router with the input interface.  It looks like CEF/dCEF should
   mitigate it, but nothing like trying in a real environment.  The third
   issue I need to check is making sure that next-hop to a router that
   has it's eBGP session down will use iBGP to use another available
   upstream.

2) VRF - I haven't messed with this at all. I need to look at it.

3) OER - Looks like it's geared toward handling dynamic performance changes
   and is applied to all outbound traffic; not selected source networks
   and pre-determined quality of links.

For a high-level description of our network; we have dedicated/individual
7206/G1s for each upstream running an eBGP session.  Each is
dual-connected on different networks via OSPF to redundant 7500 core
routers acting as RR servers.  They, in-turn, are connected to multiple
aggregation devices with the same dual-network/OSPF connectivity.

Thanks for the suggestions, and keep them coming.  I got my brain locked
into thinking of a BGP solution and forgot about PBR.

Rick