[c-nsp] Multicast over MPLS L2 VPN

david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com
Fri Dec 15 07:39:15 EST 2006

Ok people , here we go .

I have this topology  below . PE1 and PE2 are my provider edge router (
Our mpls network ) . Ce1 and Ce2 are own by us as well and part of the
same Vrf.
PE1 talks EBGP with CE1 . Ce1 talks Ebgp (multihop) with customer router1
trough the customer Fw ,same thing on the other side .

We have really specifics requirements here :

- if the link between customer router1 and customer router2 goes down we
must be able to back up it by our Mpls network ( via Pe1 and Pe2)
- If one the link between PE1 - Ce1 or PE2 - Ce2 goes down , we must back
up it via the customer link .

The problem i have are the customer Fws .They don't actually run any sort
of dynamic routing if they have statics routes to reach, as an example,
network A trough customer router1 . Well that is true in normal operation
.. When the link between customer router1 and customer router 2 goes down ,
this is not true anymore as network A will be then coming from Ce1 by Ebgp
and the traffic is black holed because of the static route on the Fw .

So here is what is working :

- All the ebgp session are up and running and the routing is working fine

What is not working is the failover testing when the 10 meg link on
customer side is down .

So i am stuck and i don't know what is the best design to fix the issue as
i am not that knowledgeable in regards of nokia Fw . My clue will be to
run Opsf on the Nokia firewall to make sure we are able to redirect the
traffic correctly  .

Any comments are welcome guys .
Thanks
david

                                10Meg link
customer
router1----------------------------------------------------------------------customer
router2-----------------network A
| |
| |
customer FW1                                                    customer
FW2
| |
| |
CE1 CE2
| |
| |
PE1 PE2

Internet
ecralar at hotmail.com

Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
15/12/2006 10:42

shiraz.malik, cisco-nsp
cc
shirazam
Subject
Re: [c-nsp] Multicast over MPLS L2 VPN

Hello there,
Are You sure this is L2 VPN and not L2.5 (Layer 2 Routed Interworking)
VPN?
In latter case only IP packets can get through
and this would explain why OSPF and GRE and working while ISIS doesn't.
HTH
Cheers
Alex