[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Fri Dec 15 16:51:24 EST 2006

A critical point Cisco is missing in this is, what is the difference
between a SP and an Enterprise today?  I know of multiple enterprises
looking to or have already moved to MPLS-VPN's.  Multiple that
segment their departments/business-units by BGP and act as the
transport between them.  How is that any different then being a
private SP?  Ah, but yet they need to also play in the arena of being
a Enterprise with lots of ethernet aggregation, PoE, VoIP and stacks
of services modules.  So which of the two do they choose?

David