[c-nsp] Replace CDP

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 02:04:51 EST 2006

Jee Kay wrote:
> On 15/12/06, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists <lists at hojmark.org> wrote:
>
>> Well, there's the standard for doing that, LLDP, but that would
>> require a hardware upgrade to a competitive product, so an IOS
>> upgrade is probably easier...
>>

> That looks like the answer to my (geekier) dreams... does anyone
> actually implement it?
>
> Ras

Yes ! HP procurve have LLDP. Actually in older software version procurve run CDP but upgrading to newest version replaced the CDP with LLDP. Btw procurve are much cheaper and they have another breakthrough technology witch seems to escape cisco's engineering: they have ALL ports in front, including console port.

--
Best regards,
Adrian Minta