[c-nsp] WS-X6148A-GE-TX Etherchannel limit

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 15:14:58 EST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Tim Stevenson wrote:

>The answer is "no", this limitation does not apply to the A version
>of the card. Of course, you are still have built-in 8:1
>oversubscription & you still can't get > 1G through an oversubscribed
>port group.
>
>>"The WS-X6148-GE-TX and WS-X6148V-GE-TX switching modules do not support
>>more than 1 Gbps of traffic per EtherChannel."

Is this 1Gb/s is full-duplex (1Gb for inbound and 1Gb for outbound) or
half-duplex (inbound + outbound) ?

Which card you recommendd as WS-X6148-GE-TX replacement ? We're running
two 6509/SUP720 and one 6506/SUP32. On every 6500 we're using one
WS-X6148-GE-TX card which is providing connectivity for our customers
and servers. But currently traffic dramaticly increased, and we already
saw input queue drops - probably caused by 1G oversubscription. I'm
planning to buy new linecards for each 6500.

Robert