[c-nsp] BGP Local-AS Question

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Dec 20 16:48:10 EST 2006

Hello Shakeel:

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Shakeel Ahmad
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 12:30 PM
To: Cisco-nsp
Subject: [c-nsp] BGP Local-AS Question

I am running following scenario:

AS6745 - with two T1's terminating on a same router with private AS for
each
T1

so

AS6745 ----- connected to ----------- AS64577 & AS64578

I am advertising two routes from each T1:

10.0.0.0/16 via 1st T1 (via first AS)

10.1.0.0/16 via 2nd T1 (via second AS)

Base local AS used in "routr bgp..." is 64577 and local-as feature was
used
for 2nd peer (AS64578) !!!

Problem: (not actually a problem) but when we lookup routes (which are
advertised via 2nd T1 - 2nd AS (which is set by local-as) on remote
sites
BGP path contain basic AS too (the one which is used in "router bgp...")

so path comes like this at remote side for 10.1.0.0/16:

6745 64578 64577 i

My question is why it includes 64577, while 10.0.0.0/16 is very normal :
6745 64577 i

no sicence in config, but if needed i can paste those ??

thanks in advance.

SA

-----

Did you try the "no-prepend" extension to the local-as command?  So:

Neighbor 1.1.1.1 local-as 1 no-prepend

Regards,

Mike