[c-nsp] WS-X6148A-GE-TX Etherchannel limit

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Fri Dec 22 13:15:31 EST 2006

> Which card you recommendd as WS-X6148-GE-TX replacement ?

The 6548-GE-TX is cheap as heck and if you have a chassis with working
fabric, it'll use a single 8 gig connection to it. For places where you
don't have fabric (sup32), it'll be classic-buss. Check out:

http://tinyurl.com/ymjf83 /
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps708/c1225/cc
migration_09186a00806eca1e.pdf

...for more complete info.

> We're running two 6509/SUP720 and one 6506/SUP32. On every
> 6500 we're using one WS-X6148-GE-TX card which is providing
> connectivity for our customers and servers. But currently

Drop that card like it's hot, and run, not walk to 6548 for now if you
can determine that your drops are towards the classic bus. If that's the
case, per-card fabric could help (you could move to truncated mode & use
8 gig fab, vs. class bus + flow-through). If your drops are ingress
drops on the 8-ports-per-asic rx buffer pool, then probably 6548 won't
help. Lastly, are you sure this is even causing a problem?

-Tk