[c-nsp] c7200-k4p-mz.120-31.S.bin

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Tue Dec 26 01:47:30 EST 2006

> Subject: [c-nsp] c7200-k4p-mz.120-31.S.bin
>
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if anyone encounters frequent crashes for the above
> IOS ? Perhaps can suggest what is the good subsitute for it

Heh. On 12.0.(30)S5 just typing in 'sh ip bgp nei x.x.x.x policy' would
reload the box; (31) did the same thing (in 72xx and 75xx). I didn't
encounter frequent crashes as much as I encountered random bugs, so
perhaps I didn't exercise specific features that you require.

I've had better experiences since moving most 7200 and 7500 routers to
12.0(32)S(something recent). I have yet to find anything too awful or
unbearably broken in these releases. The only issue I've had so far with
(32)S2&3 on the 7200 is some funky 'sh ip bgp neigh' information
disagreement between the 'used as bestpath' displayed counter and what's
actually installed in the fib. At some point, something stops tracking
what's being pushed to the fib and this information appears to no longer
be updated in nei info, nor in the bgp mib.

So far there's nothing more than a open SR with TAC on that issue, but
I'm sure if anything of consequence emerges it'll see appropriate
escalation and the defect will be fixed.

Cue usual c-nsp disclaimer: if you blow up your network it's not my
fault, etc etc, please discuss any software issues your "account team"
or "service rep" for real help, etc etc.

Best,

-Tk