[c-nsp] 8E1 (ATM) over a 3825?

don_miguel at chile.com don_miguel at chile.com
Wed Dec 27 15:30:22 EST 2006

Hello all,

   I have a 3825 with 2 cards AIM-ATM-4E1. My problem is that i need to
use a 12Mbps of BW, but the router don't let me because CISCO says ...

"for applications that require eight T1 or E1 ATM IMA ports is the
PA-A3-8T1IMA or PA-A3-8E1IMA in the Cisco 7200 or Cisco 7400 platform,
especially if IMA groups of five ports or more are required. For feature
comparison see table below. "

The old cards NM-8E1-IMA are EoS EoL, so I can't put it on the router.

Of course.. I don' want to spent more money! :S

Is it possible to do a trick to configure both cards AIM cards over the
same PVC? I need 6 (or 7) E1 running  with IMA, but not sure what to do.

Many thanks in advance for the help