[c-nsp] Input Queue 7500

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:11:11 EST 2006

Thanks Anton for your reply.

CEF is enable (ip cef global configuration command is configured):

R#show interfaces switching
FastEthernet4/1/0
          Throttle count          8
        Drops         RP        491         SP          0
  SPD Flushes       Fast       2561        SSE          0
  SPD Aggress       Fast          0
 SPD Priority     Inputs          0      Drops          0

     Protocol       Path    Pkts In   Chars In   Pkts Out  Chars Out
        Other    Process          0          0     436870   26212200
            Cache misses          0
                    Fast          0          0          0          0
               Auton/SSE          0          0          0          0
           IP    Process 2226190620 2002650219 2393235708 2822177457
            Cache misses        623
                    Fast 1763768067  234570619 1779057481 4136533720
               Auton/SSE          0          0          0          0
      DEC MOP    Process          0          0       7270     559790
            Cache misses          0
                    Fast          0          0          0          0
               Auton/SSE          0          0          0          0

Also, I enable ip route-cache flow in this interface because there is a long
access-list (in accordance to suggestion the previous link -the drops and
flash increase slower than without the ip route-cache flow) Currently the
7513 is attached to Black Box (Allied Telesin Switch, that unfortunately, I
don't have admin) is possible that Allied Telesin Switch cause this input
queue drops, because the low performance of Allied, sometimes the CPU
processor reach 80% too.

7513-118.1#sh cef drop
CEF Drop Statistics
Slot  Encap_fail  Unresolved Unsupported    No_route      No_adj  ChkSum_Err
RP          3747           0         656          32           0           0
7513-118.1#

So far, unfortunately, the counter is increasing...

Input queue: 56/75/247/178 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0

Thanks!!

Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T