[c-nsp] NPE-400 vs. NPE-G1

Roman Sokolov rps at cheater.ru
Sun Feb 5 02:59:16 EST 2006

Hello Łukasz,

Sunday, February 5, 2006, 1:13:11 AM, you wrote:
ŁB> First of all, You may hit something that requires slow CPU path,
ŁB> but I'd doubt this is the point with the configuration You attached,
ŁB> however reaching 100% of CPU usage is something really suspicious.
I agree. There is definitely something else configured on interface or in
other part of config. Some strange access-lists of NetFlow, for example.

ŁB> Second thing is, if DFC-enabled card is receiving traffic and
ŁB> the destination lies on the not-DFC linecard, there's always some
ŁB> overhead in terms of shared bus and PFC usage. Was this the case in
ŁB> the example You provided?
I think that when you use DFC and destination if CEF720-enabled module than
there should be no bus usage at all. Or only for netflow packets (i'm not
sure where then being sent to SP).

ŁB> And last but not least, there's always CoPP ;)
And you should always use it :)

--
Best regards,
 Roman