[c-nsp] Cisco PXF

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Feb 6 14:02:29 EST 2006

It's a bug. Open a TAC case if you have a contract.

We may not support that portion of NAT in the hardware
forwarding path but on those platforms at least there
is a punt path and that should be taken. The performance
will be pretty horrible but at least the packets would go through.

That's not always the case on some other hardware forwarding platforms
that are "all features in hardware or it doesn't work at all" scenario.

It's been said a lot of times on this alias. If the features you want
are not done in hardware and you are on a platform that has hardware
based forwarding most of the time it's probably the wrong platform
for you. That is unless the rates are really really low and you understand
the impact.

Rodney