[c-nsp] prefix-list/route-map quandry

Chris Hale chris-lists at pipelinewireless.us
Mon Feb 6 23:19:01 EST 2006

Can you show us the output of the following commands:

Show ip bgp summary
Show ip bgp neighbor 10.1.1.2 received-routes
Show ip route 10.1.1.2

If you want to prefer the incoming routes from ISP X over ISP Y, I would
just use the local-preference or weight options as previously recommended.
It seems as though the reason you are receiving the BGP routes but not
putting them into the routing tables is a routing issue to the next hop.

router#sh ip bgp 216.218.186.0
BGP routing table entry for 216.218.128.0/17, version 1868955
Paths: (1 available, no best path)
  Not advertised to any peer
  6939, (received-only) <<---
    209.51.171.25 from 209.51.171.25 (216.66.23.98) <------ Do you have a
route to either of these IPs?
      Origin IGP, metric 1, localpref 100, valid, external