[c-nsp] Cisco 2611XM as console router

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Tue Feb 7 10:26:46 EST 2006

David Prall wrote:
> For the async lines on the terminal server you can define a aaa profile that doesn't require login. This will bypass login for the async lines and only require the login to the console port on the connected router. It has been a while since I actually configured this, so I don't have a sample.

That will work -- something like:

aaa authentication login async line none

line 33 64
 login authentication async
 !optional: password <line-specific password>

This will allow attachment without a password, or if you define a
password on the line, it will use that. However, you then will want to
be very sure to have a safe access-class defined for those lines; I
usually restrict either to the console loopback itself, or possibly that
and a trusted local ops subnet.

Mark
--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>