[c-nsp] Sup2 and SXF (Was: Edge Router Advice)

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Tue Feb 7 14:47:14 EST 2006

>> Sup2 also seems to be dead in terms of SX code. IIRC, SXB was
>> the first release to support Sup2, and SXD the last. Neither
>> SXE nor SXF supports Sup2.

> Not that the 12.2S train has made sense for a while now [...]

Yes, Sup2 is re-supported in SXF2.

Actually, there's a lot of new stuff in SXF2... which breaks the
principle that the last letter would change with new versions of
with new features, and the trailing number would change for only
bugfixes. I wonder why they changed that? That was sort of
logical.

There's still no sign of ION (modular IOS), however, which was
supposed to be here in Q4. Well, I could be the financial Q4, of
cause. (And that is not on Sup2).

-A