[c-nsp] NPE-G1 rom-monitor upgrade

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Feb 8 07:02:42 EST 2006

Dmitry Kiselev <> wrote on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:10 PM:

> Hi!
>

>   While I try to upgrade rommon in my NPE-G1 I got an error.
> Is it mean that my version of NPE-G1 have rommon in non-erasable ROM?
> No way to upgrade it?

> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(20030826:190624)
> [BLD-npeg1_rommon_r11 102], DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE ...

your rommon is not ready to support this feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_
guide09186a008022050b.html#wp1073907

Prerequisites for Upgrade Secondary ROMmom CLI

You must have one of the following ROMmon versions loaded in erasable
programmable read-only memory (EPROM):
-ROMmon version 12.3(4r)T1 for the Cisco 7200 VXR router with NPE-G1
installed.
-ROMmon version 12.3(4r)T2 for the Cisco 7301 router.

Can you check with the place where you purchased the MPF license (yes,
you need a license in order to use MPF), there is the possibility to
re-program the entire ROM (which is needed in your case).

	oli