[c-nsp] 3750 Question

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Thu Feb 9 21:37:05 EST 2006

At 10:18 10/02/2006, you wrote:
>We have 3750-24TS with base ip image we used for layer 2. The base image
>is suppose to allow only static routing.

It will also do RIP v1/v2 - not much better, admittedly but at least
it's something.

>The cisco doc says to enable advanced ip services I need to by
>advanced ip license.
>
>My question is  the advance license applied to the switch to unlock the
>layer 3 feature.

Not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but to get the more
advanced features such as OSPF/BGP/EIGRP you need to purchase the
advanced license - it isn't actually a license code, it's a whole new
IOS image... You need to upload the image to the switch and reboot...

HTH.

B.