[c-nsp] FastEthernet0:Setframe

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sun Feb 12 03:28:40 EST 2006

Oleg <> wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:10 PM:

> Dear Sirs.
>
> I have Cisco AS5300 with not normally working Fast Ethernet interface.
>
> When I enter "debug ethernet-interface" I get "FastEthernet0:Setframe
> failed. Keeping it in the promiscous mode
>
> FastEthernet0: Interface is alive".
>
> I do not find any reference for it message.

I would need to check the DEC21140 hardware specs, but the "Setframe
failed" reports a problem in the driver trying to initialize the chip
(looking at the "Keeping it in the promiscous mode" message suggests
that it tries to set up the HW mac filter, but I'm not sure).
Since you report your FE port being broken (or what do you mean by "not
normally working"? ;-), this looks like another clue that there is some
hardware problem.

	oli