[c-nsp] VoIP payload size

Alexander Golovankov algo at atnn.ru
Mon Feb 13 06:46:38 EST 2006

Hi!

I've few AS5350 (IOS 12.3) as voip-gateway. In termination dial-peer presence follow
lines:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip
 incoming called-number .T
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g729r8 bytes 40
 fax-relay ecm disable
 fax rate 9600
 fax nsf 000000
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 5 hs-redundancy 2 fallback none
 ip qos dscp cs5 media
 no vad

Termination gateway used faststart with g.729 with payload size 20
bytes. Why termination call happened with 20 bytes but no 40? My gateway
annonce H.245 capabilities set g.729 40 bytes only.

Can someone explain this strange behaviour? Can i prevent this mode? I
want calls with 40 bytes of payload size only.

Thanks

Alexander						mailto:algo at atnn.ru