[c-nsp] MAC address look up on a 6500 Native IOS

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Tue Feb 14 13:03:54 EST 2006

If you are looking for the MAC address of the physical interface, then
a "show int" will tell you:

#sho int g1/1
GigabitEthernet1/1 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
   Hardware is C6k 1000Mb 802.3, address is 0012.7f6a.2f3d (bia
0012.7f6a.2f3d)

If you are looking for what MAC addresses are learned out a physical
interface then a "sho mac-address-table" is what you are looking for:

#sho mac-address-table int g1/1
Displaying entries from Line card 1:

Legend: * - primary entry
         age - seconds since last seen
         n/a - not available

   vlan   mac address     type    learn     age              ports
[FE 1]:
* 3999  000f.3472.6a1f   dynamic  Yes          5   Gi1/1
* 3999  0004.801b.1602   dynamic  Yes          5   Gi1/1
* 3999  0010.8367.7980   dynamic  Yes         25   Gi1/1

David