[c-nsp] Re: access-list on C6509 not matching packets

Zitibake zitibake at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 13:05:29 EST 2006

Thanks for the tips; tcam not showing anything:
core-4.mpls#sh tcam interface gig 7/2 acl out ip

    permit       ip any any
    deny         ip any any
    deny         ip any any
...so I will use Netflow.

The nice thing about access-lists, is that you will see even one hit to each
line.  With sampled netflow... who knows what you missed? If I run unsampled
Netflow (with a gigabit port to my collector), what are the chances that a ddos
stepping through flows would cause a forwarding issue?  Any ballpark numbers
for kpps (mpps?).   I remember on the M20, netflow used to crash under load,
which was both a blessing and a curse.  I can guarantee that the device will
not receive more than about 1gbps of aggregate traffic.