[c-nsp] QoS on dual T1s ok?

Bob Fronk bfronk at davishelliot.com
Tue Feb 14 15:56:10 EST 2006

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but I have a related question.

I just added a second T1 and am using ip cef and load sharing per-packet
to bond the two T1s for 3MB.

Yesterday there was a video conference (Polycom equipment) with two
external sites.  There was a considerable degradation of the video than
what we usually encounter, but initially I attributed it to the external
sites having a lower bandwidth.

Could this have been a product of the load sharing per-packet?

Would changing to MLPPP make a difference?  (I would have to get Sprint
to change their end, but that is no big deal)

Any other suggestions?  (I have a 2600 Edge router with two T1 WICS that
is basically a converter to Ethernet, then a PIX 515 behind that.  I
don't have any QOS in either, but have never had issues until now.)  I
did check bandwidth utilization and with the confences we were barely
over 512K, so it wasn't saturated.)

transmit