[c-nsp] CSS 11150 and 1000BaseT GBICs

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 14 17:49:49 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 10:52:00PM +0100, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> > Actually, it's "all this is *Web* traffic and it needs to be
> > balanced".
>
> Oh... Well, in that case, one would think that a live and
> supported platform would be worth something.

Oh, last time I looked at it, the box seemed quite alive :-)

(And as the requirements are fairly simple - no stickiness, no SSL,
just balance requests, and do it fast - the boxes do their job quite well).

> >> The 11150 is also EoX (see http://tinyurl.com/5waq5). The
> >> 11500 does support 1000base-T SFPs.
>
> > No chance to swap the hardware "just to get 1000BaseT" :)
>
> Well, plus a platform with live software and support... (I'm
> not sure if 11150 is end-of-support yet. Maybe not. The soft-
> ware is definately dead).

End-of-support is end of 2008.   But yes, if the box starts doing funnies
one day, we'll certainly recommend going for an 11500, or whatever else
the competition has.

How different is the 11500 from the 11150?  "Just a new hardware", or
"plus vastly improved software"?

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de