[c-nsp] Trunking between 3750 stack and 2924XL-EN

andrew2 at one.net andrew2 at one.net
Thu Feb 16 15:56:16 EST 2006

I'm connecting an old 2924XL-EN switch to a 3750, but I need more than
100Mbps capacity between the two, so I'd like to connect up 2 ports on
each and "load balance" between them.  VLAN trunking with port groups
seems to be the way to go (although I'm open to other suggestions) so I
configured the two ports on the 2924 like this:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 999
switchport trunk allowed vlan all
port group 1 distribution destination

Pretty straightforward.  Next I went to configure the ports on the 3750
the same way, but it doesn't appear that port groups are supported on
the 3750 (Version 12.2(25)SEB1).  Are port groups called something
different in the 3750's or am I going at this all wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew