[c-nsp] Trunking between 3750 stack and 2924XL-EN

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Thu Feb 16 16:06:16 EST 2006

andrew2 at one.net wrote:
> I'm connecting an old 2924XL-EN switch to a 3750, but I need more than
> 100Mbps capacity between the two, so I'd like to connect up 2 ports on
> each and "load balance" between them.  VLAN trunking with port groups
> seems to be the way to go (although I'm open to other suggestions) so I
> configured the two ports on the 2924 like this:
>
> switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> switchport mode trunk
> switchport trunk native vlan 999
> switchport trunk allowed vlan all
> port group 1 distribution destination
>
> Pretty straightforward.  Next I went to configure the ports on the 3750
> the same way, but it doesn't appear that port groups are supported on
> the 3750 (Version 12.2(25)SEB1).  Are port groups called something
> different in the 3750's or am I going at this all wrong?

On 12.2(25) its:

|int port-channel1
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 999
 switchport mode trunk
!
int Gi0/1
 channel-group 1 mode active
!
||int Gi0/2
 channel-group 1 mode active|

Although I recall the switchport stuff from the port-channel interface
gets duplicated into the physicals too. Not sure why, because I prefer
parsimony. HTH

../C