[c-nsp] Dual-homing without BGP

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Feb 17 03:52:08 EST 2006

> Unless their /23 is portable space, you're first going to have to take
> this up with T and N.  If instead it is within T's allocation, you're
> going to have issues [to say the least] getting the /23 ripped out of T's
> ASN.

This seems to be the most important issue at this point. If no BGP is
possible, then PBR becomes useless.

This is a rather unusual set-up (at least for me):
* the /23 appears in the RIPE DB as "Assigned PA"
* X.Y.60.0/23 is known via path "AS-X AS-TR"
* X.Y.0.0/16 is known via path "AS-Y AS-TG"
* AS-TR belongs to a regional subsidiary of T
* AS-TG is T's global AS

... so first thing is to check whether T would agree to play this along or
not.

I could claim that if AS-TR can announce a /23 subset of AS-TG's /16, why
could N not do it? Let's see...

Thanks everybody

Vincent