[c-nsp] bursting and accounting

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Feb 17 12:30:02 EST 2006

Gary Roberton <> wrote on Friday, February 17, 2006 6:15 PM:

> Hello All
>
> We have a requirement where a customer wants to have 1Meg internet
> feed and burst to 2Meg.  We can do this using token buckets.
>
> They want to burst only at certain times of the day e.g. 9 a.m. to 10
> a.m. and have all other burst traffic outside of these hours dropped.
> Has anyone implemented this type of service policy before?

either use an offline solution which reconfigures your router at the
specified interval, or try to use time-based ACL together with MQC, i.e.
something like

class-map ALL-TRAFFIC
 match access-group 150
!
access-list 150 permit ip any any time-range 9to10
!
time-range 9to10
 periodic daily 09:00 to 10:00
!
! too lazy now to come up with the exact TB values,
! but you'll get the idea
policy-map POLICE-IN
 class ALL-TRAFFIC
  police cir ..<with burst>..