[c-nsp] RIB-failure - anything to worry about?

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Wed Feb 22 08:59:57 EST 2006

My understanding of this is exactly how you've painted it.  RIB failure
generally means there's something else better in the routing table.  The
fact that you're still advertising them should show you that everything's
working correctly.

You stated yourself that the OSPF routes that are in the table *should* be
there, so you should definitely
expect to see a RIB failure on routes that are dupes in BGP.  It's nice
that BGP at least tells you this, versus other protocols where the only
way you can see it is with a debug ip routing...

-Dave