[c-nsp] RIB-failure - anything to worry about?

Ivan Groenewald ivang2 at xtrahost.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 09:23:41 EST 2006

Hi,

What does "show ip bgp rib-failure" show? It should splurt out the reason.

> This is the case, because those routes are known via OSPF (the static
> route
> to Null0 on the upstream routers is advertised in OSPF). But on the
> upstream
> routers, those routes are known via the static route, so what's the
> difference?

A static route (1) has a lower administrative distance than OSPF (110). It
could be that the OSPF learnt routes are not being accepted because of this.

It might help if you clear the situation up a bit by explaining the topology
a bit more in detail.

> Is there anything to worry about?
Not if you aren't running bgp suppress-inactive.

Regards,
Ivan Groenewald