[c-nsp] SFP optical monitoring - feature disappearing?

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Wed Feb 22 15:03:22 EST 2006

Hi Denis & all,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:17:06PM +0800, Denis V. Schapov wrote:
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/gbic_sfp/gbic_doc/ol_8031.htm
> This may help you to understand TAC reply.

  this document also lists Cat3750 as being supported from 12.2(20)SE onwards.
But the TAC states, that there's no support at all on 3750.

> But you can ask TAC to open DDTS for this feature to be
> integrated/supported on 3750.

I did several times - unfortunately it seems that they are instead going
to remove all traces of SFP optical monitoring from the documentation and
noone is willing to fix the problem.

It's ridiculous - the feature is in the IOS, works fine (except one minor
problem) and instead of fixing the bug it seems this useful feature
is going to completely disappear.

Anyone could please help?

	Thanks & kind regards,

		M.