[c-nsp] Different ISPs with load balance

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristosig at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:52:01 EST 2006

2006/2/26, Eman Abu Al Wafa <ewafa at batelco.jo>:
> /24 is my own subnet from RIPE not from any of my provider.

Are you an LIR or is it a PI assignment?  If you are an LIR, you can
apply for an ASN from the LIR portal at RIPE's website, or via e-mail
to hostmaster at ripe.net.

If you are not an LIR, you will have to ask one of your upstreams to
request an ASN on your behalf (assuming said provider is an LIR).
This should be easy to do.

Regarding the technical side of actually setting up the load balancing
/ redundancy on the links, it's probably best for you to announce the
address space yourself, just about any router nowadays can handle BGP.
 You will have to get a more expensive router if you want a full
routing table, though, so if your router can't handle that, your
providers should be able to send you a subset, eg. their own routes +
customer routes and a default route.

-Kristo