[c-nsp] OSPF VS ISIS

McCallum, Robert robert.mccallum at thus.net
Mon Feb 27 06:33:38 EST 2006

Oh mate you are opening up a severe can of worms here.  The only "real"
option is to go with the IGP that your operations department is most
comfortable.  OSPF has overtaken ISIS wrt being in line with LDP but I
side strongly with ISIS as I am most used to it.  However when I was
building out the new mpls network I went through the same issues as you
are now going through.  OSPF was the winner as 80% of the ops staff
"knew" OSPF compared to ISIS.