[c-nsp] Good practices for peering

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Mon Jan 2 19:52:32 EST 2006

Thanks Arnold -

I assume that if I already have those routes in my IGP via some other way
that I can safely disregard the set-next-hop-self...?

Thanks !!

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 00:15:14 +0100
Arnold Nipper <arnold at nipper.de> wrote:

> On 02.01.2006 20:16 Richard J. Sears wrote
>
> > Danny -
> >
> > You said :
> >
> > < I'd explicitly set next-hop-self on the sessions>
> >

> > What is the benefit to doing this in a peering relationship...?
> >

> You don't have to carry an external p-2-p/ixp prefix in your IGP.
>

> Arnold
> --
> Arnold Nipper, AN45

Richard J. Sears
CCNP/CCDP/F5SE
Vice President & CTO
American Internet Services
rsears at americanis.net
http://www.americanis.net
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."