[c-nsp] dialer watch vs. matching interesting traffic

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jan 9 10:27:26 EST 2006

Piestaga <> wrote on Friday, December 09, 2005 3:37 PM:

> Does anybody know why the "dialer watch-list" which was intentionaly
> created to match an "interesting" traffic that would trigger the
> ISDN Dialer interface does not work correctly.
>
> I mean it work, but whatever permit statement I enter, it
> works as ip "permit any any".
>
> I have got an ofline confirmation, that it always worked "that"
> way, but I wonder why Cisco did not repair that.
>
> Do you have any idea to cope with or workaround that case ?

I'm not sure I can follow you. You are saying that you cannot watch any
networks in the routing table using "dialer watch-list"?
the watch-list has nothing to do with interesting traffic, we don't need
no interesting traffic to bring up the dialer with dialer-watch
(actually "interesting traffic" matching the dialer-list has a different
semantic when used with dialer-watch, please check
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/123/backup-main.html#dwatch or
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/123/backup-main.html for details).

Please provide some more details/configs/show-outputs..

	oli