[c-nsp] WIC-1ADSL w/ 2600

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Mon Jan 9 20:12:50 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Brett Looney wrote:
> At 02:23 10/01/2006, you wrote:
>> I've got a 2600 here with a WIC-1ADSL in it.
>>
>> IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-I-M), Version 12.3(16a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
>> (fc2)
>>
>> Question - I don't see any ATM interfaces, although I see the card in a
>> 'sh diag'. Documentation at
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00
>> 80093bff.shtml
>> seems to indicate that with the 'IP Base' release from 12.3, I can use
>> the ADSL WIC.
>
> I had this problem late last year - it needs to be IP Plus *and* the
> WIC is only supported in some NM - for example, it won't work in a
> NM-1E2W but it will work in a NM-1FE-2W.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a 2610 with 2 WIC-1ADSL's running
PPPoA on IOS c2600-is-mz.122-4.T3.bin and have problems pinging with
larger than 53 bytes to the ethernet interface. I actually can't get any
packets larger than 53 bytes. Telnet in and out works fine, DNS resolves,
but any http requests do not. Is this a known problem?

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com
http://www.internetsolver.com/