[c-nsp] WIC-1ADSL w/ 2600

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Mon Jan 9 20:38:59 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Brett Looney wrote:
> At 09:12 10/01/2006, you wrote:
>> Not to hijack the thread, but I have a 2610 with 2 WIC-1ADSL's running
>> PPPoA on IOS c2600-is-mz.122-4.T3.bin and have problems pinging with
>> larger than 53 bytes to the ethernet interface. I actually can't get any
>> packets larger than 53 bytes. Telnet in and out works fine, DNS resolves,
>> but any http requests do not. Is this a known problem?
>
> 53 bytes seems odd given the ATM frame size. Care to post a config?

That's what I thought but I would have expected 48 bytes/49 bytes work/not
work because of payload size vs overhead.

interface ATM0/0
  no ip address
  atm vc-per-vp 256
  no atm ilmi-keepalive
  atm voice aal2 aggregate-svc upspeed-number 0
  pvc 0/32
   encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
   dialer pool-member 1
  !
  dsl operating-mode auto
  no fair-queue
  hold-queue 224 in
!
interface Ethernet0/0
  ip address 207.199.243.22 255.255.255.248
  no ip proxy-arp
  full-duplex
!
interface ATM0/1
  no ip address
  atm vc-per-vp 256
  no atm ilmi-keepalive
  atm voice aal2 aggregate-svc upspeed-number 0
  pvc 0/32
   encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
   dialer pool-member 1
  !