[c-nsp] 7600, DFC's and MPLS

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jan 10 17:31:07 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 11:14:12PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > Which makes one wonder what to do if STM-16 connectivity is needed
> > on 7600 today...  "get an OSM and know that it will be end-of-development
> > RealSoonNow" or "wait for an STM-16 SPA to appear"...
>
> Buy a GSR :-)

I have a really strong dislike for them, but indeed, this might be
an option.  124xx with IOS XR sounds really nice.  A bit on the expensive
side, but really nice otherwise.

But it looks like we might just get a small SDH ADM and break the STM-16
into 2x GigE, and connect it into two different GE routers... :-) - as
we won't need the full bandwidth any time soon anyway...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de