[c-nsp] Getting a VPN to work through a Cisco firewall

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Wed Jan 11 18:40:29 EST 2006

At 03:43 12/01/2006, you wrote:
>Once the firewall is there, the traffic can't make it back in, despite the
>fact that the inspect CBAC is suppose to open holes in the firewall.  I
>get log entires like:

It's interesting you say that - I've got a few 1841s and some 2800s
where I'm having exactly the same problem - IP inspect is not adding
entries to the appropriate access list. Doing a "debug ip inspect
object-creation" shows it adding them but they never show up and
therefore the reply traffic is not passed back through the router.

I'd be interested in hearing a solution for this...

B.