[c-nsp] E1 signal strength question

Jim Brunetti jim.brunetti at usa.net
Thu Jan 12 12:18:08 EST 2006

We have a bunch of Cisco's in Europe with E1 G.703 VWIC cards in 2600s.  In
some of these locations we are seeing a constant low level of errors.  We were
able to eliminate the errors on one of the sites by having the provider
install an attenuator to dampen the signal strength.  Thinking we have the
answer, we asked the rest of the providers to do the same thing, but now we
are getting push-back.  Can someone tell me what the expected db levels should
be for the VWIC card to work correctly?  We want to be able to go back to the
providers with a db range that will work on the Ciscos and force the
installation of the attenuators.

jim.brunetti at usa.net