[c-nsp] Cisco 3750 - strange CPU readings

Łukasz Bromirski lbromirski at mr0vka.eu.org
Sun Jan 15 18:54:07 EST 2006

Ed Butler - RapidSwitch wrote:
> Further to my last email, I've done some more digging and found
> this. It shows the 3750 stack is in the "desktop routing"
> configuration, which allows 3,000 MAC addresses. The table including
> dynmaic and static MAC addresses counts as 1,110. However, the
> thing that puzzles me is the switch reports no MAC address space
> available.

> > c3750stack#sh sdm prefer
> >  The current template is "desktop routing" template.
> >  The selected template optimizes the resources in
> >  the switch to support this level of features for
> >  8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.
> >
> >   number of unicast mac addresses:                  3K

Is `show switch' reporting some switches in this stack as 'SDM
mismatch'? Given the number of MACs in the table it's really weird
because smallest template should get at least 2K MACs. But because
Your numbers in `sh proc' don't match, I'd be looking for trouble
in some inter-stack incompatibilities - mismatched IOS version,
feature set (what models are in the stack with what IOSes and
feature sets?).

> > c3750stack#sh mac-address-table | in Total
> > Total Mac Addresses for this criterion: 1110
> > c3750stack#sh mac-address-table count | in Available
> > Total Mac Address Space Available: 0

Is any line in `show platform resource-manager mad' shows a entry
with 'FREE' in mvid column? Also, try to check what stack slaves
report for CPU usage:

 remote command all show proc cpu sorted | in CPU

--
this space was intentionally left blank    |            Łukasz Bromirski
you can insert your favourite quote here   |        lukasz:bromirski,net