[c-nsp] Router recommendation

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Sun Jan 15 21:07:53 EST 2006

I'm surprised that no one mentioned a small L3 switch, like a
3550/3560/3750.  With a small number of BGP routes, it'll work.  The
ability to do line rate ACLs, policing, and withstand most any DOS is
pretty nice.  Of course, there are some things you can't do - NBAR,
shaping, uRPF, IPSec tunnels.  Once you figure out what you can live
with, the decision will be easier.  Although the higher end 2800s might
be able to approach line-rate 100mb traffic.

Chuck