[c-nsp] Cisco 7609 as P router

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:28:44 EST 2006

Hi,

We've been planning to upgrade our core, what we currently have is Cell mode
mpls with MGX+RPM as PE and BPX+LSC as P

Based on our next year forecast, we have to upgrade to frame mode, but we'll
still use the BPX for pure-ATM switching, and we need a router to act as P,
we thought of GSR, it has everything we need and much more, so according to
our budget, we cant afford it, but we can get 7609 with 4xSPAs, each with
two SIP 200, and thats alot of OC3s for us,

Now our Cisco represet. disagree with us, however, we see no problem in
using it as P, What do you guys think ?